The top 20 most dangerous roads in Tampa (Infographic) January 8, 2018
Did you know that Florida is one of the most dangerous places in the country when it comes to deadly crashes involving pedestrians, cyclists, and motor vehicles? A study conducted by Smart Growth America found that Tampa Bay ranked #7 on the Pedestrian Danger Index. Even more concerning is that three roads in Tampa Bay are the deadliest in the entire state.
A report published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration indicated that over a ten-year period, from 2007 to 2016, Florida had one of the most significant increases in fatalities and alcohol-impaired driving fatalities. In 2016 alone, more than 3,100 lives were lost because of crashes. Unfortunately, that trend is likely to continue to grow.
“Collisions can be caused by a variety of factors,” says TJ Grimaldi, a Tampa personal injury attorney who works with clients in personal injury, DUI-related and wrongful death cases. “The driver could be distracted by their phone, adjusting the radio, or a pedestrian might have headphones playing loud music and not be aware of their surroundings.”
When you’re driving in your car or walking on the sidewalk, your surroundings and circumstances can change in a second. Every person using the road needs to practice more vigilance and adopt better practices for being safe on our roads. Here is a map of the top 20 most dangerous stretches of roadway in Tampa.
- Brandon Boulevard, from Falkenburg Road to Dover Road
- Gibsonton Drive, Boyette Road, Interstate 75 to Balm Riverview Road
- Hillsborough Avenue, Longboat Boulevard to Florida Avenue
- Fletcher Avenue, Armenia Avenue to 50th Street
- Dale Mabry Highway, Hillsborough Avenue to Bearss Avenue
- Lynn Turner Road, Gunn Highway to Ehrlich Road
- Meridian Avenue, Channelside Drive to Twiggs Street
- Bruce B. Downs, Fowler Avenue to Bearss Avenue
- 50th Street and 56th Street, Martin Luther King Boulevard to Hillsborough Avenue
- 15th Street, Fowler Avenue to Fletcher Avenue
- Big Bend Road, U.S. 41 to I-75
- U.S. 301, Interstate 75 to Adamo Drive
- Sheldon Road, Hillsborough Avenue to Waters Avenue
- Interstate 4, Interstate 275 to 22nd Street
- 56th Street, Sligh Avenue to Busch Boulevard
- Interstate 275, Howard Frankland Bridge to Busch Boulevard
- Kennedy Boulevard, Dale Mabry Highway to Ashley Drive
- 78th Street, Causeway Boulevard to Palm River Road
- Mango Road, Martin Luther King Boulevard to U.S. 92
- Florida Avenue, Waters Avenue to Linebaugh Avenue
If you have been hurt in a car crash, either as a pedestrian, cyclist, or motorist, contact a personal injury attorney immediately to evaluate your case and make sure your rights are protected. You have a right to be compensated for your injuries, and an attorney can help you fight the insurance companies to get a favorable outcome.
To learn more about what to do if you have been in an accident, contact the law firm of McIntyre Thanasides Bringgold Elliott Grimaldi Guito & Matthews, P.A at 844-511-4800.