Tampa Bankruptcy and Divorce Attorneys
Tampa Bankruptcy-After-Divorce Attorneys
The breakup of a marriage almost always adds to financial pressures on both parties and, conversely, overwhelming debt can put overwhelming strain on relationships. If you are dealing with both family law and financial challenges, or you are in need of a debt-free fresh start in the aftermath of divorce, our firm may be the ideal resource to consult.
Considering Filing Bankruptcy Before, During or After Divorce?
At McIntyre Thanasides Bringgold Elliott Grimaldi & Guito, P.A., our lawyers’ knowledge of bankruptcy law, family law and how they intersect has enabled us to help many people make sound decisions in a wide range of complex situations. We can help you:
- Determine whether to file for bankruptcy or divorce first if you have decided that both have become inevitable
- Understand the impact of bankruptcy on your ability to pay or receive child support, alimony or other family obligations
- Gain an accurate picture of what marital and separate debts can be discharged in bankruptcy
- Find out whether bankruptcy or another legal action can absolve you of debts you believe should be the responsibility of your divorcing spouse or ex-spouse
- Make a confident decision about filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy after an unfavorable divorce settlement that left you with overwhelming debt
Our Tampa bankruptcy and divorce attorneys listen intently to our clients so we understand their goals. In many cases, we have worked with couples to eliminate or reorganize debt with the hope that removing its tremendous strain will help them avoid divorce. In many others, we have helped divorced men and women file bankruptcy or identify alternatives that allowed a return to financial stability.
Experienced Bankruptcy and Divorce Counsel at One Firm
You can turn to our proven west central Florida law firm with confidence in our ability to balance your family and financial priorities as we identify viable debt relief options. We offer both divorce and bankruptcy representation, or we can counsel and advocate for you on either legal front. For a consultation focused squarely on your specific needs, please call 813-899-6059 or send us e-mail anytime.