Riding a motorcycle provides a feeling unlike any other. Your initial launch provides a sensation of pure force and feathery flight. There’s something so freeing about the feeling of fresh air pressing against your body. There are few modes of transportation that offer the same experience. The journey is a part of every ride.
Many think that the most important part of having a tremendous biking experience is purchasing the motorcycle itself. Obviously, the bike is essential, but a motorcycle class that can provide you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to ride safely is the real key to a great experience.
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) offers a variety of motorcycle classes for riders of various skill levels. New motorcycle riders in Florida must take the class in order to have the motorcycle endorsement added to their driver’s license. Motorcycle safety classes typically cover a variety of skills and procedures that are critical to confident and safe riding. The classes also teach you how to handle a variety of traffic situations.
Motorcycle safety classes are important for a variety of reasons, including:
- Overall Improvement of skills and judgement: Television and the people you see on the highway each day make riding a motorcycle look easy. However, there are a number of skills that must be learned in order to keep you and those around you safe. These skills include starting and stopping, maneuvering through various traffic obstacles, turning corners and crash avoidance.
- Lower Insurance Rates: Taking a motorcycle safety class can represent a cost savings for many riders. A number of insurance companies offer discounts to riders once they’ve completed the course. Check with your insurance provider to see if they offer discounts to riders who’ve taken the safety course.
- Discounts from Motorcycle Manufacturers: Cost savings may also come from motorcycle manufacturers. Motorcycle makers Honda, Kawasaki, Harley Davidson, and Yamaha reimburse riders for taking the class. When purchasing a motorcycle, ask the dealership if they offer motorcycle safety class.
- Motorcycle safety classes make you a safer rider: This goes without saying but statistics support this as well. According to the Texas chapter of MSF, 90 percent of riders involved in motorcycle accidents have had no formal training.
- Helps you decide if you want to own a motorcycle in the first place: Like all vehicles, buying a motorcycle is an investment and one that depreciates at a rapid rate. It’s also an acquired taste. If you are injured, your family grows or you become disinterested, riding a motorcycle may become less appealing to you. However, you may still be paying for a motorcycle. Taking a motorcycle safety class gives you the opportunity to try a number of bikes, differentiate different styles and determine if a motorcycle is for you.
Motorcycle safety classes are an important part of staying safe on the road. However, accidents still happen. When they do, they are often life-changing. Contact the attorneys at McIntyre Thanasides Bringgold Elliott Grimaldi & Guito, P.A. We can assess the facts of your case quickly and help you get the compensation you need. Contact us today at 844-511-4800.