Bold labels are required.
Can Bankruptcy Provide the Debt Relief You Need?
No one would file bankruptcy if it did not provide tangible benefits that outweigh the obligations and effort required under a wide range of circumstances. Yet there were over 800,000 U.S. bankruptcy filings in the first half of 2010 alone, according to information published by the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Although many filings represent a response to personal crisis or debtors' desperation in the midst of a serious economic downturn, at McIntyre, Panzarella, Thanasides, Bringgold & Todd, P.A., we increasingly meet with people who recognize the value of filing bankruptcy before they have no other alternatives.
A Debt-Free Fresh Start, Time to Reorganize and Ability to Protect Assets
The benefits of filing bankruptcy for you will depend on whether you are filing as an individual or business, the types and amounts of debts you owe, the form of bankruptcy you choose and other factors. Generally speaking, however, our clients file to benefit from:
- Efficient, complete discharge of all credit card balances and many other unsecured debts available to those who qualify to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- An automatic stay that provides near-immediate relief from creditor harassment and stops or prevents collection actions such as lawsuits, judgments and wage garnishments, foreclosures and repossessions
- Reorganize of many personal debts — sometimes including back taxes and other non-dischargeable debts — for payment over a period of years through Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Power to stop home foreclosure, eliminate burdensome second mortgages no longer supported by the value of the home, and protect other assets
- Chapter 11 business bankruptcy plans and filings that hold off creditors and allow owners time to reorganize while remaining in control of their business operations
Do You Need Bankruptcy Counsel Near Tampa, Sarasota?
There is no substitute for a consultation with an experienced Florida bankruptcy attorney who will thoroughly assess your financial situation and provide sound legal guidance about bankruptcy in comparison to various alternatives. To schedule a meeting with a lawyer at our firm and ask questions you may have about bankruptcy benefits in your unique situation, call 888-553-5240 or send us e-mail.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.