Bold labels are required.
Richard J. McIntyre
Richard J. Mclntyre is a litigation and bankruptcy attorney. He began his practice in Tampa, Florida in 1992 after graduating from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh's Dual Degree program, where he received his Master's of Business Administration from Carnegie Mellon University and his law degree from the University of Pittsburgh. He received his undergraduate degree in Chemistry from Allegheny College in 1988.
Mr. Mclntyre's litigation practice includes business, real estate, and consumer litigation.
Since 1992, Mr. Mclntyre has represented numerous banks and other creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. He has also been debtor's counsel in numerous publicly- and privately-traded corporate chapter 11 reorganizations. Mr. Mclntyre has represented Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 trustees and both prosecuted and defended numerous preference and avoidance actions.
Mr. Mclntyre has substantial experience in business and real estate litigation, and has represented both debtors and creditors in connection with consumer and commercial lender liability claims, including but not limited to claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and similar statutes.
Since 2009, the firm has focused its practice on representing business and individual debtors in connection with consumer and commercial claims.
Mr. Mclntyre began his practice with the Kass, Hodges law firm in Tampa, Florida, practicing business and bankruptcy litigation. In 1994, he moved to Trenam, Kemker, Scharf, Barkin, Frye, O'Neill & Mullis, P.A., a mid-size Tampa law firm. While at Trenam, Kemker et al., Mr. Mclntyre continued his business litigation and bankruptcy practice. In 2000, Mr. Mclntyre became a shareholder with the Trenam, Kemker firm, and continued in that position until he started Mclntyre, Panzarella, Thanasides, Hoffman, Bringgold & Todd, P.L. in 2006. Since its inception, Mr. Mclntyre has been the Managing Member of Mclntyre, Panzarella, Thanasides, Hoffman, Bringgold & Todd, P.L., where his practice is focused upon representing corporate and individual debtors. His current practice focuses on representing debtors in State Court in connection with the defense of collection claims and prosecution of lender liability claims, as well as representing individuals and corporations in bankruptcy court to reorganize and/or liquidate their business and personal assets.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Bankruptcy Reorganization and Litigation
- Consumer Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Lender Liability Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1992
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- M.B.A. - 1992
- Allegheny College
- B.S. - 1988
- Major: Chemistry
- First Citrus Bank
- GPS Industries, LLC
- Southern Road Builders, Inc.
- The Port of Tampa
- Sacino & Sons, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- AV Rating from the Martindale Hubbell Legal Directory
- Super Lawyers
- Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar
- Temple Terrace Bar
- American Bar Association
- The American Bankruptcy Institute
Past Employment Positions
- Trenam, Kemker, Scharf, Barkin, Frye, O'Neill & Mullis, P.A., Shareholder, 2000 - 2006
- Trenam, Kemker, Scharf, Barkin, Frye, O'Neill & Mullis, P.A., Associate, 1994 - 2000
- Kass Shuler Solomon Spector Foyle & Singer, P.A., Associate, 1992 - 1994