Bold labels are required.
Ralph M. Guito III
A fourth generation Tampa native, Mr. Guito graduated from Jesuit High School in 1979. Son of Tampa trial lawyer, Ralph M. Guito, Jr., he was exposed to the legal profession at an early age. As a young boy, he was privileged to watch his father champion the rights of others in the courtrooms of the 1960s and 70s, always knowing that he would someday become an attorney, himself. Mr. Guito spent numerous hours in his father’s firm law library, organizing and updating legal treatises, and acting as a runner and clerk.
At the University of South Florida, Mr. Guito earned his Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering, with the overall goal of obtaining a law degree and becoming a trial lawyer. Mr. Guito wanted to combine his background and education in engineering with his desire to practice law by focusing in the fields of patent and intellectual property litigation, products liability and construction litigation.
Upon graduation, Mr. Guito served as a mechanical engineer for a division of the nationally-renowned engineering firm of Arnold & O’Sheridan in matters involving mechanical design, electrical service/distribution design, bid preparation, sales, contract negotiation, specification drafting and construction supervision. True to his early calling, he went on to attend Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, his father’s alma mater.
In law school, Mr. Guito held the position of Associate Editor of The Cumberland Law Review, was active in the Cumberland Mock Trial and Moot Court Competitions. He was also an editor in the Cumberland Trial Advocacy Board, the student section of the American Board of Trial Advocacy, and the Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity. He graduated with honors, cum laude.
Over the next 23 years, Mr. Guito tried extensive multi-state and federal litigation cases. His experience includes complex business litigation, insurance & casualty, products liability, personal injury, wrongful death, professional malpractice, construction law, intellectual property, including patents, trademarks & copyrights, franchising, distribution and related litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Business Litigation in State & Federal Courts
- Insurance & Casualty
- Construction Law
- Personal Injury, Products Liability & Medical Malpractice
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device/Implant Litigation
- Intellectual Property and Related Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1990
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. (Cum Laude) - 1989
- Law Review: Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Associate Editor
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- B.S. - 1985
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
Past Employment Positions
- Swope Rodante, P.A, Senior Litigation Attorney, 2008 - 2010
- Gunn Law Group, P.A., Senior Litigation Attorney, 2004 - 2007
- Guito & Associates, P.A. , Attorney, Circuit & Federal Court Mediator, 1993 - 2004